Don't be the server that runs their own food and no one else's.
- No one else will run your food and as a result your food goes out lukewarm at best.
Don't be the server that doesn't do running or closing side work.
- You will be public enemy number one. All eyes will be on you, and your incompetence will lead to less shifts. Your fellow waitstaff will not respect you.
Don't be the server that complains about everything and everybody
- Your fellow waitstaff will hate to see you coming! Always a victim. Its never your fault. Everyone will eventually see you cry at least once and will never take you serious.
Don't be the server that broadcasts all of your good deeds and hard work
- So what you you've done everybody else's side work? So what you're running everybody else's food? We see you! The proof is in the doing and not the saying. Humble yourself. Hard work never goes unnoticed.
Don't be the server that brings their home issues to work.
- Your dog died. Your gf/bf left you. Your toilet is stopped up. I get it. It sucks, but you also have a job to do. You'll get your sympathy, but please keep the moping and moaning locked up. Especially if you're a man....
These are just a few. Feel free to add more and discuss in the comments section.